Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Gentlemen

Things have been going very well since I last talked about what was happening in my life, I've settled as much as I can not having a permanent place to live and things are starting to find their way of organizing themselves. The last 3 days have held quite a bit of excitement for me on many different levels and they are all things I’m going to be talking about on today’s post.

On Thursday my friend Justin and I finally got The Ubiquitous Gentlemen, our review blog, up and running. On there you are going to find everything from Movie reviews (old and new) to video game rants, from comic and book reviews to run downs and reviews of weekly wrestling shows (Raw, Smack Down, and any Pay-Per View events that happen). It’s a really exciting time for Justin and I and I hope that you can share it with us and support us, go click on the hyperlink up where it says “The Ubiquitous Gentlemen” at the top of this paragraph to check it out. As I write this there is only one post and that is part 1 of a book review for the novel Acacia by David Anthony Durham, so read that and like and subscribe, comment and all that jazz HERE. Tomorrow, so Monday the 7th, our first movie review will be thrown up there for Cabin in the Woods, it’s done in our Gentlemen’s Dual format. What that means is that the two of us discuss the movie, what we like what we don’t, and then we both are allowed to give the film up to 5 points each and at the end those points are added to get a score out of 10.  Also tonight I’m hoping to get up a review of Marvel’s The Avengers which I got the chance to see last night, if you plan on seeing it stay until after ALL the credits, there are two post credit scenes.

Friday I got the chance to go out and LARP with my friend Wes and his group in a game called Changeling. For those of you who don’t know LARP stands for Live Action Role-Play, for a great definition of LARPing I turn to Wikipedia: “a form of role-playing game where the participants physically act out their characters' actions. The players pursue goals within a fictional setting represented by the real world, while interacting with each other in character. The outcome of player actions may be mediated by game rules, or determined by consensus among players. Event arrangers called gamesmasters decide the setting and rules to be used and facilitate play.” It is a lot of fun and I’m very excited to continue on with it. After that I returned to The Park to stay at my brother’s place for the weekend.


Yesterday I went to my old home and packed up everything I could, I’ll be going back in a week or so to go clean up and get ready for the new people that move in to get the house. It’s weird leaving a community I’ve lived in literally my whole life. I guess things need to move on though and this is where all of this change starts, it will be fun to see where things are going to go from here. After that I went to Avengers with my older brother. The review of Avengers will be HERE when it’s posted, as I said hopefully tonight.

EDIT: My Avengers review will be posted on Tuesday the 8th at 12pm.

That’s all I’ve got for this post though, so until next time follow me on Twitter @Nait93

Music Time:

The Temptations      Theory of a Deadman     Good Charlotte     My Chemical Romance 

No comments:

Post a Comment