Monday, September 5, 2011

The Debt Movie Review and Some Other Stuff

So this Labour Day long weekend was pretty successful if its up to me to decide, and considering this is my blog I think I am aloud to say so. Nothing too intense went down but it was a very good, relaxing and enjoyable weekend. I discovered a couple bands, played some Magic The Gathering and went to The Debt and as I'm typing this watching WWE. So lets get to it!

 So first off, movie review: Trailer

"The espionage thriller begins in 1997, as shocking news reaches retired Mossad secret agents Rachel (Helen Mirren) and Stefan (Tom Wilkinson) about their former colleague David (CiarĂ¡n Hinds). All three have been venerated for decades by their country because of the mission that they undertook back in 1966, when the trio (portrayed, respectively, by Jessica Chastain, Marton Csokas, and Sam Worthington) tracked down Nazi war criminal Vogel (Jesper Christensen) in East Berlin. At great risk, and at considerable personal cost, the team's mission was accomplished - or was it? The suspense builds in and across two different time periods, with startling action and surprising revelations." (Link to IMDb)

All in all it was a very good movie, the scenes where they cut back and forth between 1965 and 1997 where very well placed. The movie starts off with Helen Mirren's character Rachel at a book release of a book written by her daughter about the story that is about to be laid out for the audience. The first cut scene shows the story of how the operation went down as far as the world knows, Rachel reads this part from her daughters book. After this it comes back to '97 and shows what the other two characters are doing now, 30 years later. Then it goes back and shows us what happened to get the three operatives where they are in 1997.

The movie goes about very well, twists in the plot pop up everywhere and there are a lot of very intense moments and its share of very disturbing moments. The ending wasn't as satisfying as I would have liked, but when it comes down to it it really couldn't have ended any other way. I definitely liked the movie and will see it again and probably buy it, so I highly recommend seeing it. I give it a solid 8/10.

On Thursday night I should have another review up for Apollo 18.

So on Saturday it was my older brother Matthew's 26th birthday, we didn't do a ton but we had some food and played some games. It was originally supposed to be a surprise party and that day he texted me asking if I wanted to go to The Debt with him and I told him I MIGHT have plans that day only to find out later that he had to stay home from work because of his back...that was weird. After words I got picked up by my friend Mason and we headed to his place or a Magic night, that was a good time, for the brief period I was awake. I woke up after a fair amount of games to find out that Chung-Yi had destroyed him for the past 2 hours, they played the same game over and over again. Mason would play a few land and Chung would destroy it, over, and over, and over, and over. Mason was not pleased to say the least.

Sunday was me sleeping a lot, so nothing to talk about there. As for today it was just The Debt and spending some time with my brother, sister-in-law and my nephew.

I think that about sums up all my thoughts for the weekend. Hope you all had a marvellous Labour Day long weekend. And now some music!

Today we have: Good Charlotte  Manchester Orchestra (each word is a song, couldn't decide which song to choose) Placebo AND David Choi **Note: David Choi is a self released Singer/songwriter and he deserves all the support he can get, hes a great musician so definitely give him a chance**



No comments:

Post a Comment