Monday, November 21, 2011

Drowning Guinea Pigs

Alrighty ladies and gentlemen, a new week, a new blog, me being pretty tired and wanting to get this out on the interwebs. I have a fair bit to talk about so lets get going!

This weekend was great, little sleep but a great time and awesome new friends were made. Of course I'm talking about the great experience I had this last weekend in Banff at the Progressive Conservative Youth of Alberta Summit. It was a really great time had by everyone that was there, guaranteed, we got together and talked about so much stuff, ways to get more Youth involvement in the PC party and how we will have to go about the coming election in 2012. That evening we had a fantastic chance to have dinner with Premier Alison Redford and got a chance to talk to her about what we had all discussed that day and got to hear what she thought about it. Then we all, in only a way that the PC's can, partied in our Hospitality Suite, BIG shout out to Matthew McGowan who put a ton of hard work into his awesome Suite and then proceeded to get elected as the new VP Membership at the Annual General Meeting on Sunday. Then after the hotel told us to shut it down for the night we took the party to Hoodo and kept it going till way too late.

The next morning we all got up very early, at a classy time of 11am, and ate some breakfast and then it was time for the PCYA AGM in which a new Executive was elected with my good friend Evan Legate as the President, congrats once again! Then it was a long ride home for my brother and me as others went out to experience Banff.


All in all it was a great weekend, especially because afterwards my mom and I got to go and watch WWE Survivor Series' 25th anniversary in which CM Punk won his 2nd WWE Championship and "Finally The Rock has come back to New York City" to pair with John Cena to fight The Miz and R-Truth. If you want to read more click right HERE to read up on it on The John Report. 

Today was a very relaxing day and nothing really interesting or blog worthy happened so, here we are at the end of my blog post today. Sorry for kind of throwing up links all over the place today for what its worth.

But before I go I'm going to drop this little tidbit for anyone who is interested, starting December 1st my good friend Justin Cauti and I are starting a new project that I'm not going to tell to much about right now, but stay tuned, its going to be awesome! SO:

Follow me on twitter @Nait93

And tonight I'm not gonna post much for music, just one song but the second thing I'm posting is a story from my favourite author, Patrick Rothfuss (click HERE to read his blog, he's a very funny man and incredibly talented), that he presented at w00tstock 3.0. If you haven't read his books, The Kingkiller Chronicles, I'd strongly advise you to do so, they are the greatest pieces of fantasy I've read in my life.

Coldplay    Patrick Rothfuss

No comments:

Post a Comment