Saturday, November 12, 2011

Real Steel Movie Review

Who's up for a movie review? Harold and Kumar? Nope, decided not to review it. Why? Cause I'm a jerk. Real Steel? Yup! So here we go!!!

Real Steel comes off initially as being your stereotypical sports/boxing movie. And for the most part it really is. But there are many parts in it that are very unique to this specific movie, and even though it is a stereotypical sports movie it does everything very well and in a pretty original way. Yes, as you'd expect, a Robot boxer is going at it and you don't think he can win it all but then it gets the big shot at getting the World Robot Boxing title, will he win? Did you watch Rocky? You pretty much know that story then.

Within this story you also have a story about a man named Charlie, and ex-boxer, who just can't get a break with any of his Robots that he uses in this boxing. He happens to have an eleven year old son, who he has never known, he finds out his ex-girlfriend has died and he is going to be stuck with the kid, unless he signs the child over to his ex's gold digging sister and her 60+ year old rich as you can imagine husband. He does it, and makes 50 K out of the deal but asks to spend the summer with his son. He doesn't want his son but his son wants nothing more by the end to be with his dad. What happens with that? Well its pretty obvious if you have seen any movies like that.

My problem with the movie stands here: The CGI was great, so no that's not an issue, the acting was awesome, I can't wait to see the kid in more movies, so that is not it either. What's my problem? Well calm down and I'll get to it, geez! My problem is, it doesn't end, after the last fight the kid is supposed to go back with his mom's sister and after the fight is done and there is a ton of cheering Hugh Jackman lifts the kid up on his shoulders and they throw their arms up in the air and the credits roll. Well whats gonna happen with those two? Normally I don't mind when movies leave stuff to the imagination but that wasn't one of those times. I happen to enjoy them telling me everything that happens when it comes to a father/son relationship. It was not set up for a sequel, thankfully, but it just didn't come to a satisfying ending in that regard.

So given all of that...8.5/10. Loved the movie, gonna grab it on DVD, hopefully I'll have a BluRay player by then so maybe get it on BluRay, but it was SUPER predictable in both main points of story line and the ending wasn't very satisfying. There you go, movie review!

What have I been up to lately? Why thank you for asking kind but nameless individual. Nothing in particular sadly, been super busy with work but I have this and next weekend off, I plan on catching up on reading and get some writing done. I have been writing a novel now for quite some time but I haven't been doing much of anything with it since last year, so I have once again begun to write and my story is going through some MAJOR changes, namely in size and rhythm and the plot will be modified ever so slightly so that it works better then it currently does.

I will be posting it on a website called Wattpad but not until the New Year, hopefully I'll have made progress by then, and possibly bits and pieces on my blog.

Random shout out to Briana Cable cause she has been pestering me all night to mention her. She's awesome, just a little odd at times.

Follow me on twitter @Nait93

MUSIC!!!
Thompson Square    Barenaked Ladies    Captain Tractor   AND    Hugh Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment