Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Once Upon A Time

Figured I should post this sooner rather then later because, knowing me, I will probably forget again. Two pretty quick things to run down here tonight/this morning: 1) I forgot to mention the current book I'm working on, although if you know me at all its pretty obvious and 2) The awesome TV Series on CTV called Once Upon a Time, thus the name of my blog post.

So the book I'm currently reading is the final book in the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. This book has been 4 years in the making in a series that was supposed to end with book 3, but so far its been worth every year I've waited for it, its fantastic! Here is the inside flap summery:

"Not so very long ago, Eragon—Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider—was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

"Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

"The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaƫsia? And if so, at what cost?"

Can't wait to finish it up and see how it ends, hopefully a very satisfying ending, that would be the best. If you haven't read any of these books the first in the series is called Eragon, yes there was a TERRIBLE movie based off of it made a while back but don't let that prevent you from reading it. This is the series that not only got me into reading and more specifically got me reading Fantasy novels but also the novel that inspired me to start writing myself. So, basically, I can't recommend it enough! Read it, let your kids read it, do whatever you have to do to get it out there, I love this book series with all my heart, dwarven politics included.

Follow Christopher Paolini on twitter @InheritaceCP #CheepCheep

And finally the name of my blog post tonight, Once Upon a Time. Its a great new series from CTV, channel 2 if you have shaw cable and live in Northern Alberta, that should satisfy every fantasy enthusiasts desires for a fantasy television series. Basically there is a town filled with people who don't realize that they are characters that every child knows from fairy tales, Cinderella, Snow White, Rumpelstiltskin, etc. The Wicked Witch cast a spell on the entire faery tale world that would put them into a world that is a terrible curse for them, being our world, and none of them would remember it. One little boy somehow figures this out via an old book filled with these faery tales and is trying to convince his biological mother, who he searched out, that all of this is true and she is Snow White's daughter and the only one who can save this town from the Wicked Witch, his foster parent who also happens to be mayor of this small town.

Its only about 4 or 5 episodes into the first season and is definitely worth your time to check out.

Follow me on twitter @Nait93

Music:

Zac Brown Band    Robbi Rob    City & Colour    Frank Erickson











No comments:

Post a Comment