Tuesday, April 17, 2012

[Insert Creative Title Here]


I've got a few things to talk about, so I figured a Blog post would be a good place to talk about them. First off I'm tired and have no creativity left in me so that's the best title for this post you're getting, my last few titles were pretty good so I'm entitled to have a crappy one I think.

So first things first, if you haven't done so already check out my review of the film Lockout with Guy Pearce HERE. I'm going to be doing a lot more review posts but not just movies. I've been thinking of getting into the reviewing business and in order to do that I need practice and I need to start getting myself out there more. I'm going to be reviewing movies, books, plays I see, and, once I've caught up, comics. It's something that I'm really excited to be getting into and I hope all of you that read my blog, though they are few and far between, will support me in this and hopefully I'll get some more readers. Once it gets into full swing I'll be moving my reviews to a new blog but that won't be for a while yet; when that happens this blog will just be for my daily doings.

A while ago my friend Scott got it in his head that he would like to try his hand at stand up, he'd get a group of people around him and tell really funny life stories and he'd get a bunch of random jokes he'd throw in there. Finally a couple of days ago he uploaded his first stand up video, the quality is pretty poor as it was filmed on our friends iPad. So forgive the wonky sound and its not a paying crowed so there’s some banter going on, which personally drove me nuts but all in all it was enjoyable. HERE is a link to the video, please take the time to watch it and hit the like button, if he gets 5 likes he'll upload my personal favourite story of his, how he got a fork stuck in his leg.
He's pretty new to the Twitterverse and doesn't tweet a lot but follow him on Twitter @scottbjerky

Finally something fun that has happened in my life over the last few weeks. Last year I became friends with a member of a great improv group called The 404s and he said that he wanted to start a new cast up where we both live as the main cast for Alberta was 3 hours south of us. Fast forward about 6 months and Wes has started doing monthly workshops, and then at last month’s workshop he invited us to do a show at a local anime convention last Saturday. We did the show and it went really well considering how terrified I was to do it and I'm doing my second show this Saturday at another anime convention. I'm super excited to be doing this, improv has been something I've loved since I first saw the 404s years ago and now I'm working on becoming a part of one of my favourite improv groups.

Well that's all I've got for tonight, two posts in one day, that's pretty good for me.

So until next time, follow me on Twitter @Nait93

And now...MUSIC:

Hang Drum    Poets of the Fall    All That Remains    Ok Go

No comments:

Post a Comment