Sunday, June 3, 2012

It's Been Far Too Long

Wow it's been a while since I posted, I've been super busy these last couple of weeks with the whole move and getting unpacked and settled and all that other crap that's been going on in my life. But finally I have a few minutes to write a blog for you all to read. Before I get too it I'd like to thank everyone who has been supporting The Ubiquitous Gentlemen in our first month of it going on. We've had some pretty great success considering we've only been at it for a month and Justin and I are super proud of what we are accomplishing so far. On that note I'm gonna just post the last three weeks worth of posts right up front just to get it over with. Here we go!

Readers Indigestion: The Name of the Wind P.1     Stuck Up Cinema: Cosmopolis and 80s Cronenberg     The Critic: Serenity     Zero Lives Left: Alpha Protocol     Between the Panels: Star Wars Dawn of the Jedi Issue 1 and Footprints     Readers Indigestion: Tough Sh*t P.1     Stuck Up Cinema: Three Movies You Need To See P.1     The Critic: Dark Shadows     Zero Lives Left: Catherine     Between the Panels: Batman Inc Issue 1 and The Guild: Fawkes Issue 1     Stuck Up Cinema: What`s the Best Video Game Movie?     Channel Surfers: Continuum "A Stitch in Time"     Zero Lives Left: Bioshock 2 and Minerva's Den DLC     Between the Panels: Batman Annual and Grim Leaper Issue 1     Readers Indigestion: The Name of the Wind P.2

I promise I will NEVER get that behind again, seriously, that is ridiculous!

So since I last posted my mother and I have successfully found an apartment and have moved in, we've been here for about two weeks at this point, its really different from living in a three story townhouse but we've made it work really well. We are still living out of some boxes but for the most part we are unpacked, I got the book self nice and organized and now I just need to finish setting up my room, should be done all of that in the next week or so. I've applied to go to school to get some upgrading done this Fall semester and then next Fall semester I hope to be going into Bachelor of Communications. So if I get into the upgrading program I'll look for a job after the first month or so of that so that I can get into the grove of school and than I'll go from there, otherwise I'll be looking for a job a lot sooner.

I've been watching a lot of shows from when I was growing up recently, it's been a lot of fun and a lot of reminiscing has been going on. I started with watching Alf, Fresh Prince, and Full House on TV but then I was at Wal-Mart a few months ago and found the full series of Saved By The Bell and I bought it without a second thought. Then the last few weeks I've been borrowing Boy Meets World off my brother. There were some seriously great shows on while I was growing up but there really aren't anything like them on TV anymore, and that make s me sad. Kids need great shows like that to be able to watch, all of those shows taught values that seem not to be important anymore but watching those shows they just come so naturally that it doesn't make sense that a lot of kids don't get to see that any more.

I think that's really all for me to talk about right now, so I guess that means it's time for some music isn't it? Oh, before that here's an article about something interesting that's going on in California. It's talking about a large group of people and corporations that are trying to convince Americans that it's okay if they don't know what goes into their food, and what food has been genetically modified. It's rather concerning to see that so many people are for this secrecy, and I know that it may not seem all that important but if it goes through in one state it can go through in others and possibly make its way up to Canada. We have a right to know what goes in our food so that we can make proper nutritional choices. Check out the article HERE. It's a really interesting read.

Eric Church     Swallow the Ocean     Metric     Nine Lashes    

And as always follow me on Twitter @Nait93

No comments:

Post a Comment